Digitally savvy? Enterprising?
With a dynamic team of professionals who love technology and innovation, ITWC is a fun, collaborative place to work, fast-paced and ever evolving to meet audience and client needs.
Social Media Specialist (Four-month term)IT World Canada (ITWC), the nation’s largest provider of content for the IT industry, is looking for a talented social media superstar in the making to help guide and grow our social media performance.
The right person will be a self-starter who has a million ideas, but the sense to focus on the ones that will drive company priorities. You don’t have to have a ton of experience, but you need to demonstrate you are passionate about social media, understand the most popular channels and have experience delivering on the social media promise on a paid and organic basis.
This could be a great placement for and interested Co-op student.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for fulfilling social media campaigns for our clients, our events team and our writers.
As ITWC continues to increase the creation of rich audio and video content, competent editing skills in that area would be a bonus.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written)
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “social” way
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Work with Creative Services on design issues (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts to build online reviews and reputation.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Work with the marketing team to map out a comprehensive marketing plan and drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement an ongoing education program for internal staff to drive higher corporate engagement
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 18 months delivering social media in a corporate, association or non-profit sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Excellent writing and language skills.
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary
- A working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Functional knowledge and/or experience with WordPress.
- Audio/Video editing skills
- A proven storytelling ability
- Published examples of your writing
- Familiarity with the Canadian technology sector
If this sounds like a job tailored to your interests and skill set please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 15, 2019
ITWC has two main functions:
- editorial - for our online sites, digital magazines and newsletters, and
- digital content marketing services.
We are always willing to take time out to speak to qualified candidates who can make a difference: professionals in sales, event management, communications, marketing, interactive and web creative designers, social media gurus, and more.Contact us